Chuck Yeager flying under the Southside bridge in Charleston

    There's a rumor that Chuck Yeager flew a jet under the Southside bridge in Charleston. I've heard about this legend a million times, and I'm sure you have too. I've been seeing things about it circulating around the internet lately. So, is it true?
     I did a little research, thinking if it really happened, there has to be some kind of record of it. I hoped to find an old newspaper article or something. I didn't find that, but I did find something that will "clear it up" as Chuck himself put it.
     There's an article on wvencyclopedia.org where Mr. Yeager says he did do it- on October 10th, 1948, after spending the weekend with mom and dad in Hamlin.
     The I64/ 77 bridge just up the river from there is named after him, although he didn't fly under that one.
Chuck Yeager passed away in 2020. Rest in peace, Sir
Edit- I think the article may be from his auto biography 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Alum Creek, WV/ Forks of Coal ghost story 👻 🪦

"devil's tea tables"

I debunked my first story.